HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN STIR FRY
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry. A quick and easy one skillet weeknight meal that takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
- Add in the broccoli and sauté until tender and caramelized, 4-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the same pan. I cook my chicken in two batches to ensure it gets crispy and caramelized on the outside.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, honey and sesame oil.
- Add the sauce to the pan along with the broccoli.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Simmer until the sauce has thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
Source : chefsavvy.com